Friday, 7 March 2014 from 10:00 to 16:00 (GMT), Southampton, United Kingdom, University of Southampton Sports Ground
This workshop will focus on the anlytic aspects of data in the context of IT utilities in the digital economy. As such we welcome mathematicians and stataticians in addition to others who have an ongoing interest in our programme of workshops.
Professor Jeremy Frey adds, “the aim of the meeting is to take a look at some big data examples where in particular the linking between items of data/information is useful and important (i.e. the network graphs etc) as well as the detailed content of the data. We are interested in the confluence of statistical, mathematical and computer science techniques that are emerging to handle complex, heterogeneous and large data sets (so for example a large amount of small complex data as well as a great deal of simpler data).”
The structure of the workshop will be as follows:
- 09:30 – 10:00 – registration (coffee and pastries available)
- 10:00 – 10:20 – welcome and intro to ITaaU
- 10:20 – 10:50 – Data anlaytics, IT utilities and th edigitsl economy – talk
- 10:50 – 11:15 – Key issues for data analytics?
- 11:15 – 11:30 – Coffee break
- 11:30 – 12:30 – Break out groups – key issues discussed
- 12:30 – 13:30 – Light buffett lunch
- 13:30 – 14:00 – Report back from break out groups
- 14:00 – 15:00 – Plenary discussion on ideas from break out groups
- 15:00 – 15:15 – coffee
- 15:15 – 16:00 – Agreement on follow-on actions
Places are limited – please register if interested.
For further information on the workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org