Add to Calendar
April 25, 2014 @ 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Skeel Lecture Theatre
Mile End Road
Mile End Road
Yue Gao, Queen Mary University of London
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications have attracted significant interests in both academia and industry. Billions of M2M devices are expected to be connected, and a major portion of them are through wireless connections. Research activities are ongoing in academia, and industry. M2M communication standards have been actively developed in standard bodies, particular the Weightless SIG. It provides the scope to realise tens of billions of connected devices worldwide overcoming the traditional problems associated with current wireless standards – capacity, cost, power consumption and coverage. Weightless currently has over 1,400 industry members in three categories: Associate Members, Core Members and Promoters. This one-day workshop will provide good opportunities to learn the first-hand development and demonstration of the Weightless M2M via a number of keynote speakers from both industry and academia to address application layer, physical layer, security and regulations. A panel discussion will be held to discuss how to enable real benefits to build strong partnerships between academics and companies to tackle the future challenge of M2M and IoT research and development. To create more interactions between industry and academic, a poster and demo session will be held during the coffee break and lunchtime. The overall objective of this workshop is to bring various state-of-the-art research activities in academia and industry together and understand the future M2M communication requirements and potentials.
- – William Webb, Weightless SIG
- – Lajos Hans, University of Southampton
- – Petri Mahonen, RWTH-Aachen
- – Mischa Dohler, King’s College
- – Klaus Moessner, University of Surrey
- – Zhiyong Feng, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- – Brian Gaffney, Neul Ltd.
- – Howard Del Monte, formerly at Ofcom
- – Matsumoto Tadashi, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- – Yue Gao, Queen Mary University of London
Call for posters
- – Topics in relation to M2M/IoT application layer, MAC layer, physical layer, security and regulations are welcomed.
- – A title and one page abstract of no more than 500 words should be email to email@example.com.
- – Please use font size 11 and Arial as the font-type. The margin should not be less than 20mm from all sides.
- – The deadline for submissions is 28 March 2014. Click for the full call for participation [PDF]
- – The workshop will take place at the Skeel Lecture Theatre, People’s Palace, Queen Mary University of London, 327 Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, UK on 25 April 2014.
- – The Skeel Lecture Theatre is located at the People’s Palace (at the side of the main Queen’s building, 16 on thecampus map) at the Mile End Campus of Queen Mary University of London.