From 6th – 7th July we celebrated another successful year with a two-day programme of talks, demonstrations and conversations. In addition to lightning talks and demonstrations from many of our funded projects and other related initiatives, we were very pleased to include the following speakers:
- Jeremy Frey, University of Southampton: From living labs to digital utilities and services
- Philip Godsiff, Surrey Business School: The role of crypto-currencies: money as a utility?
- Tracy Keys, RCUK: A research council’s perspective
- Nick Long, Southampton Solent University: the art of branding and identity in the digital age
- Anisah Osman Britton, The Bakery Accelerator Programme: Women in innovation
- Zoe Philpott, Interactive Storyteller: Ada Lovelace, retelling the story
- David Rew, University Hospital Southampton: The clinical informatics revolution
- Alan Scrase, University of Southampton: SETsquared’s hight tech startup support partnership
- Elena Simperl, University of Southampton: Open data and social machines
- Amanda Smith, Open Data Institute: Open data – creating partnerships, changing business, connecting cultures
- Andy Stanford-Clark, IBM: What next for the Internet of Things?
- Paul Watson, Newcastle University: Healthcare in the Cloud
- Alana Wood, ustwo: Holacracy, time and design studio culture
The conference took place on the 6-7th July in Southampton at the Solent Conference Centre in the City Centre.
Further reports, photos, slides sets and films will appear shortly.